Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Well,,,,a  few people mentioned in their Christmas cards to update my blog,,,,didn't know anyone even read it anymore,,,,,,I noticed that I failed to post the last two updates,,,I think they were wrote back in August,,,,so I am really far behind.  To catch up,,,,,I did go off the azathroprine drug,,,,,,,and I did get over the infection in my neck,,,,and so far,,,,the biliriubin of the liver is still good.....I think even the Dr is surprised!!!  And to date I am still off the drug,,,,and it is now Dec....great call!!!  But then on the other hand,,,,the old knee has acted up again,,,,,,,,,really looks dislocated......Dr Fee said I still need the surgery,,,spent Christmas on a walker,,,what fun that was,,,it took all of us to get breakfast on the table for Christmas Eve.  Today it is somewhat better,,,,,,just hobbling around the house now,,,,,,,the nurse just called and my surgery is supposed to be January 6th,,,,,it will be good to finally get the knee fixed but worried about the platelets being so low,,,,they said they would give me platelets while on the table and "as needed" afterwards..Dr Seshradri, the cancer Dr, said if given now,,,the spleen would just eat them up before surgery,,,,,,,interesting,,,,,,,,,,also Dr Rebecca Shadowen said,,,,,she would load me up with antibiotics before and after surgery,,,,,,sounds like they have all bases covered.  Now to get the tree down and the house cleaned up,,,,cause I'm sure it will be a while before it gets touched again,,,,,,,,see you in a few,,,,,

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your "stuff"...hope you feel better real soon...love growing old with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda, we have sooo much in common,,,love ya Sis

    ReplyDelete