Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Almost 6 weeks,,,,,,,,,

well,,,on Friday it will be 6 weeks since surgery,,,,,and still doing well and no infection,,,,just can't believe it......the knee looks great, all healed and staples all out.....the bruising is gone except for a little yellow bruising still. Today I got 102 degree of motion,,,that is good but still have 120 to get to,,,but they tell me it will come,,,,I'm looking forward to it. Thanks to Dr Rebecca Shadowen for giving me so much antibiotic that I didn't get an infection,,,,thrush yes,,,,,but no infection of the knee. Since the bone marrow test showed no iron stores,,,,,De Sishardri says I need more iron,,,,so on Friday I will receive more iron by IV,,,I did last Friday also,,,,will do this for the next 3 Fridays. She said this will help with the healing process and the platelets and overall picture,,,, should help. Looking forward to this,,,,but,,,,not looking forward to the leg cramps that followed last weeks treatment,,,,hey,,,,but it will help the cause,,,,,got some terrible bruising from the stick,,,,wonder what the platelets are doing,,,,might ask for a CBC to see what is going on. On a good note my A1c was a 5.5 that is a very good thing,,,,Dr David Shadowen will be glad to hear of this,,,,I see the endocrinologist on Friday.

Going to try and go back to sewing class tomorrow,,,,will miss my good friend Joann,,,,,but will remember all the good times we had. I had so many things lined up to sew,,,,,,but it has been very hard to focus on anything other than my knee,,,this has really surprised me. I found it hard to set so many times,,,but it is getting better,,,,the cane and walker are gone, that is a good thing,,,,,just waiting for the muscles in the back of the legs to finally heal.,,,,,Wonder how long that is going to take,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hope everyone had a good Valentines Day yesterday,,,,,,,,,,,sure miss my Valentine,,,,,,,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment