Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Dr. said,,,,,,,,

The Dr. is not sure about the toe,,,could be a fungus,,,,just not sure. She gave me some toe nail polish (no, it's not polish, but it looks like it) to use every day, taking off the previous coat first, and then wait and see if it gets any better. I go back in April. If it's not any better she will do a culture,,,then we'll see. I would hate to lose a toe,,,could be the sugar also,,we'll see. Don't know much more then I did before,,,we'll see, we'll see, wait and see, we'll see. Gee

Got those taxes filed, year closed for 2008. It was a good year,,,I got to live all year!!! That's a good thing, isn't it? I was sick quite a bit,,,I took some IvIg treatments to raise my platelets, and I got meningitis and hepatitis (not at the same time, mind you). When I took the first round, it was grueling 8 and 9 hour treatments for 5 days,,,,it was awful!!!! I had sooo many reactions,,,that we had to stop and re-start sooo many times. By the weekend I had a tremendous headache and stiff neck,,,I wound up at the ER with meningitis,,,of course I recovered by the next weekend, but my speech, memory and eyesight has not been the same. The second round was only one day for about 35 minutes,,,,,,by the weekend I was in the ER again with,,,,,,hepatitis,,,I was yellow, my eyeballs were yellow, I peed brown and I felt horrible. Of course by the next weekend I was better,,,but now I have early stages of cirrhosis of the liver, they say because of the suppressed immune system. I just can't win!!!! I believe one reason the toe is not getting well is because of the immune system. A suppressed immune system (I'm finding out) effects your whole body, (2 route canals done on teeth, cirrhosis of the liver , ear infections), I'm susceptible to anything. But here I am,,,right now, I'm doing good,,,,,looking forward to a good year this year. I'm starting out good,,,,NO CHEMO,,,,whoo hoo!!!!! Still Blessed!!!

Going to the eye Dr. tomorrow for the yearly diabetic exam on my eyes, where they dilate them and all. Hope everything is doing good in that area. I'll be glad to get these yearly appt. alllll over with.!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully the toe will be better with your new "polish"! I will NEVER forget the hepatitis and how horrible you looked...sorry, but it's true :) Hope the eye exam turns out well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with your blogging skills!! I will enjoy "keeping up with you". It has been about a year since your meningitis scare. We were extremely concerned, especially since you thought you weren't going to make it. You are a trooper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think something's been wrong with my computer- I've tried to comment but the comment verification screen hasn't ever popped up before my computer timed out before.

    I like this background much better than the other one. This one is more feminine - more you.

    ReplyDelete