Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Drs Update - Good News

Well, I don't think I have shared the good news with everyone, so here goes............NO CHEMO!!!!!!! at this time,,,As you know the Dr said in October it was time for more chemo, and this time it was going to be really aggressive,,,,,,I was fixing to go on a cruise and we were to start when I got back. Well,,,,,,,,When I went back to the Dr, the numbers had dropped slightly (the lymphocytes are to be a 2.9, that's a normal high count. Mine were a 7.3 WOW! that is tripled! But at this time they had dropped to a 6.5, so at this time we didn't have to be so aggressive, so I opted to wait until after Christmas, so I would have hair for pictures and feel pretty decent. So when I went back they had dropped even more (thanks to all who had prayed for me) so right now they are 5.1 only doubled.) I know I am still looking at chemo eventually but for now,,,,still blessed. I just hate chemo, it weakens you so much and the side effects are horrendous!! But,,,,,, then when you consider the alternative,,,,,,,,,,chemo is a piece of cake!!!!! thanks for all the prayers and even the good thoughts,,,,I appreciative every one and please know that I love you all. I will do blood work each month and then see the Dr in April if nothing arises before then.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You did it...your very own blog! I'll come by sometime and show you how to do some different things that I think you'll like ;) I've got you bookmarked, and I'll link your blog to mine.

    ReplyDelete