Saturday, October 3, 2009

Part of the toe is gone,,,,,,,,

well, the biopsy was Thursday,,,,,and Dr Fee took the part of the toe that had the infection and bones missing,,,,,,ouch!!!! It has been a very painful process,,,,surgery didn't take but about 30 minutes,,,they did put me out,,,and sent off the biopsy,,,which I won't know anything until I go back next Friday, mainly because Dr Fee is going on fall break with his boys,,,,,,but they will also do a culture on the type of infection,,,which takes 2 or 3 days....so,,,,,,Thanks to everyone who remembered me, called and even thought of me........Also a big thanks to Jonathan, my 3rd born son,,,who took me and stayed with me and then took me home with him, fed me and tried his best to take care of me,,,but I made him take me home later so I could sleep in my own bed. The night happened to be very rough and I would have kept him awake and he had to work the next day. The pain pills have not agreed with me,,,,was doing pretty good until today and had to change the dressing,,,,,,,,wow,,,,,,,talk about pain,,,,the blood had dried and the dressing was stuck to the site,,,,ouch!!!! I hadn't taken any pain meds for about 7 hours and didn't need them,,,,,,well,, I immediately took 2 and soaked the foot,,, waiting for it to become un-attached,,,,well I soaked for over an hour,,,and I thought the meds weren't working,,,,still painful,,,,,,,after working on it for about 2 hours,,,finally got the dressing of (with alot of yelping and squirming on the bed) and re-dressed again,,,,I have since changed the dressing twice,,,not going to let it get stuck again,,,,,and I poured the anti-biotic cream to it........I believe I am on the mend now,,,just will take a few more days,,,,,,getting a little tired of laying in the bed,,,,when I get up it starts to bleed some,,,,,,be glad when Friday gets here to find out what it is. The Dr said it had a milky-white substance in it,,,,and he thought it looked like gout..Now I know and have seen gout,,,,,my mom had gouty arthritis,,,,very, very painful and debilitating,,,,very!!! I, personally don't think that it what it is,,,,but then I am not the Dr.,,,,, Going to stay, mostly in the bed and let it heal,,,stay in and away from the H1N1 flu and hopefully by next weekend I will be A-okay.

Happy Birthday Jason,,,,will be 34 tomorrow,,,my first born son. My kids do alot for me,,,,just don't know what I would do without them,,,Love them


1 comment:

  1. Hopefully now with the diseased part gone, it will heal. The biopsy results will allow for a more focused treatment as well. Day by day, the pain will get better..that is our prayers at least!- Boo

    ReplyDelete