Sunday, October 4, 2009

Want to see a picture of me?






I ran across this picture a few days ago and thought it would be interesting to share on my blog. This is a picture of me when I was about 6 years old,,,maybe not even that old,,,but I was always very tiny,,,,so looks could be deceiving here. I may be 6, but not look it. But I would say I am six,,,because 6 was always a special age in our family,,,usually it meant you were old enough to start school,,(oboy!). I remember Mom and Dad driving to down town Louisville on this day(I grew up in the big city) to a photographer there (we had very few photographer pictures in growing up,,,,there just wasn't money for this,,,,a family of 7,,,,,money goes for more serious means). I remember my dress was pale yellow with white lace,,,,we had a station wagon,,,(I wonder why,,,,with a family of seven!!) at that time cars didn't have air conditioning,,,,,so the windows were down,,,,,my hair was wind blown,,,,and nobody had a comb! Mom was using her fingers to try and comb through my hair to tame it down some,,,had some "natural curl" to it, don't you think? This was "many moons" ago,,,,in January I will be 60,,,,,,times sure does fly by..............

1 comment:

  1. Such a cutie, even with windblown hair! Jacob looks so much like you!!--Boo

    ReplyDelete