Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Soooooooo glad,,,,,,,,,

that's over,,,,,,,,I had the PET scan today,,,,,,,I'm still a little anxious. Thought I was going to have a panic attack,,,,can't stand closed in places,,,I know it's silly,,,,,but have always been that way. All I wanted to do was get out of that thing. They also "wrap" your arms to your sides,,,I thought I was going to "croak" right there in the cylinder,,,,yikes!!! I asked her if it would be alright if I hummed and she said ok,,,,so I just hummed and tried to focus on that song,,,,,,,and I will have to say God surely had a hand in it and kept me in there,,,,,,Gosh I'm glad that's over. I will say I think an MRI is worse,,,of course the cylinder is longer and makes alot of noise too. I won't know the results until next Tuesday. The orders for the scan had NHL marked on it for reasoning,,,,,,,,,hmmmmmmmmm,,,,I'd say that means non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,,,hmmmmmmmm,,,,well, now we know,,,,it has a name. I would say the scan will tell us if it has spread to an organ(s) and what stage we are dealing with,,,,hmmmmmmmmm. The little tech that took care of me was so sweet and so good at her job,,,I know I was a difficult patient,,,,but she handled me well. Her name was Ewa, pronounced Eva at the diagnostic center at the MC. Thanks Ewa,,,I feel like I owe you my life,,,ha

I picked up the biopsy report while I was in town,,,,,anybody know what CD20, CD23, and CD5 positive with CD38 negative and dim kappa are? Over my head for sure,,,,,,,The diagnosis was: small B cell lymphoma consistent with involvement of chronic lymphocytic leukemia in lymph node, and they say this is common. Leave it to me to have something that was "common",,,ha.

It's been a very tiring day,,,,long day for sure,,,,,I am sooo ready for bed,,,,,,,,,,,,,



No comments:

Post a Comment