Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Surprise, surprise,,,,,,,,,

Went to see the surgeon, Dr Daniels today,,,so he could check the incision site, which I thought was looking rather well, until last nite and I noticed a huge red place on one side of it,,,,and I thought maybe I was bleeding internally. Tried not to get excited and was tempted to call someone over to examine it,,,but it was like 1:30 in the am,,,,and I re-thought about it. I felt like it had fever in it, but I didn't have a fever,,,but it was getting large and was painful. Was glad I was seeing the Dr the next day,,,,,,,So I go and he looks at it and says the incision looks good,,,,then I told him that the red place has just appeared yesterday ,,,,and he said that was common (I am so glad I am just a common person) ha. "Would you like for me to drain it?" (I thought about saying,,,,,NO,,,,I like growing a third boob under my arm, and I like all this pain I'm in,,,,,but I didn't, I was nice and said,,, yes) He commenced to numb me, stick in a needle,,,,(which still hurt terribly) added a syringe, 22ccs to be exact and extracted 5 of those syringes full of bloody water, (lymph water and blood) that was what was pooling up around the incision,,,,,,,great!!! He said,,,we may have to do this several more times,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hmmmmmmmm,,,,should I scream now or next trip??? They never tell you everything,,,,nobody told me to expect this. More trips to BG with the gas prices going sky high again. Now to top the whole day off,,,,,,,,,,,,he put a cotton ball on the syringe site and paper tape over the whole area,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well,,ouchy,,!!!!!! stuck like glue,,,,,,,you should of seen the little dance I was doing trying to pull it off,,,,I'd pull a little ,,,dance a little,,,,,pull a little dance a little,,,,why would he put that tape right on the incision site,,,,,,,,,,Gosh,,,,,,,then it was itchy and sticky,,,,I washed it off first then put on some Aquaphor on it,,,it feels a little better and I'm a little calmer........Mommmmmmmmmmma!!!!!
Six more days until I see Dr Young. Cancer can bring out a nasty side of yourself,,,,,,,gotta have a little humor to go along side of it,,,,,,,or it will drive you absolutely insane,,,,,,,,,lol

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to scream on your behalf! I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this...Hang in there! I'm praying for the best when you head back to Dr. Young on Tuesday. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shela, I ask my sister in law, who is a registered nurse what your #'s meant and she said it was just a code for the one who took the test. Doesn't really stand for anything except to that person....you should have seen YOU ARE LOVED BY SO MANY....on that thingy.....

    ReplyDelete