Thursday, June 6, 2013

The tests,,,,,,,

Well on Monday,,,I got a echo test on my heart and a stress test on the tread mill with isotope radio active solution,,,,,,,,,,that just about did me in,,,the echo test which hurt my chest because she had to push so hard to get inbetween the rib cage to the heart,,,,,then we proceded to the stress test,,I guess because of the knee replacement they didnt have me run at capacity,,,instead it was a nice leisurely paced walk while I received the isotope,,,,,,which pushed me into hypervenilation,,,,,and that is where I nearly passed out,,,,,,and I was only walking but I felt as it I had ran 5 miles,,,,,,my heart was racing,,,,nauseated,,,,,head hurting,,,stomach cramping,,,,,,,,,,,whew,,,was sick for the rest of the day.   You know how you feel when you work out in the yard and get too hot and get sick,,???  Well that is exactly how I felt,,,,,just lifeless....They also took pictures of my heart at rest before and after,,,,,,,I drank a coke and PB crackers.  I felt better when I left,,,,but remained rung out like a dishcloth all day,,,,,,whew


On tuesday I went to Jacobs game, even though I still wasnt feeling well,,,,,,,after the game we went to Cracker Barrel (Matthews favorite place to eat) and on the way I got so sick and my chest was hurting sooo bad,,,,,,I used the nitro spray but it didnt do any good,,,we went inside and I was too sick to eat, so I just order FF and water,,,which is not like me at Cracker Barrel.  Jason kept taking my pulse and sats,,,,and it was bad.  When we got in the car he had me take off the fingernail polish,,,he thought maybe it wasnt registering right,,,even though when he done it with others,,,,it was more correct.  When we got to my house they came in and Jason continued to monitor me,,,,,,Bp was good,,,but the pulse was very variable,,,,,,something very odd about this,,,we debated going to the ER,,,,,,but knew they would be doing the same tests I had just,,,,decided to stay home take some pain medicine,,,,,maybe even do some laundry (as long as I am up and doing around the pain is bearable,,,its when I am resting that it hurts so bad) got to bed at 2:15 and the pain meds were about to kick in,,,,,glad to be in my own bed........the following am I was hurting a little but nothing like the night before,,,,,,Jason had called at 4:30 (as he left for work) to check on me and again at 7:30,,,and which I was doing pretty good,,,,,,,and today was the day to go back and get results of the test,,,,Jonathan drove me to the appt........Dr Pribble said that I may have a blockage and we need to have a cath done(which I figured this)......and after the contrast dye (which I am allergic to) he would give me some medicine which would throw my arteries into spasms and check this,,,,they would also give me medicine to reverse this. (whew)  So he has put me on steroids and benadryl for the contrast dye so I wont have a reaction (hives and shock), so I have another 2 days to wait,,,,,5:00 on friday will be the cath test,,,,,,,not looking forward to it,,,,,,,,,,,nope not at all,,,,,,

Thanks to my boys for taking such good care of me,,,,,dont know what I would do without them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hugs  HomeComing and decoration at church this weekend,,,,,,hope I am able to go,,,,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment