Saturday, June 13, 2009

I feel the need to talk,,,,,,,,,

It's been a very busy week,,,so glad everything turned out well at the drs and I believe the medicine is helping,,,I'm begining to slow down some,,,,,,,,,,but on thursday I received a phone call that Ronnie's Aunt Elva has passed away,,,,,(tears, tears) I just can't believe it!!! So unexpected,,,,,she would have been 80 on July 1. I just loved her and her husband Howard who is a minister,,,Even though they were Ronnie's family,,,I felt as if they were mine,,,,and she treated me that way to,,,always sooo good to me. They lived less then a mile from me and I would go with them to the Drs when they needed to go,,,,,Howard baptized me and married me and Ronnie,,,,,they are just soo special and such good people...But God calls and we all will answer,,,,,whether we are ready or not,,,but I believe she was ready,,,such good memories,,,everyone tonight at church were remembering the precious memories they had of her,,,,Tomorrow is our church homecoming, she always put out her dinner next to mine,,,,I will miss her,,,,,,,and tomorrow is her funeral (after the homecoming) and I have been asked to sing,,,,,what an honor!!!! It's such a small thing to do for someone so special. I'm cooking for homecoming and just wanted to stop a moment and to talk about her,,,,I loved her so much,,,and in my younger days,,,her house was the gathering place for kids,,,,she had two girls (around my age,,,and were Ronnie's cousins) and we would gather there and have the best time,,,,,I mentioned that Howard was a minister,,,,he has preached all over and was pastor of Owensboro church for years,,,,,traveled all them miles,,,,,, for years. He is in failing health and has just started taking dialysis,,,,and grows weaker and weaker,,,I wonder what will happen to him. Remember us at the funeral tomorrow that the Lord will bless and that God will comfort Uncle Howard and his family,,,,oh I will miss her sooo much.

No comments:

Post a Comment