Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Some good news,,,,,

Well, Good News!!! The blood work looks bad, but not critical,,,that's good news in my book. The lymph count dropped back down to a 6.4, that's still high but not critical,,,good news. I go back that last of the month for blood work and August to see the Dr. But,,,,,,,,I had the MRI done on the toe,,,and guess what,,,,,,,,,,bone deterioration,,,,,what???? What caused that????,,,,,Drs not sure,,,she said a possible bone infection,,,,,what???? How did I get that??? Could be because of the Leukemia,,,she's not sure,,,wants to do a biopsy,,,,(another side effect of the chemo-suppressed immune system,,,,my body just can't handle bacteria)----IN MY TOE??? I've never heard such stuff,,,,,,,,,(they never explained what a suppressed immune system was,,,,,or what it could effect, I just thought I had to be careful around sick people,,,,,I was wrong!) So I asked her to talk to my cancer dr and see what he thinks I ought to do,,,,,,she wants a biopsy and if it is an infection,,,,a pic line put in and daily doses of antibiotic for 6 weeks (oboy) I thought maybe something was going on with the bone marrow,,,that's why I wanted her to consult the cancer dr,,,,so I am waiting to hear from her,,,,,,,always something,,,the platelets were 67,,,,,I'm holding my own there.......then there's the lung dr,,,he wants a sleep study done to see if I have sleep apnea,,,,,I had the appt for tonight,,,but had to cancel,,,I went to revival instead,,,I rescheduled for next tuesday nite.

Please remember this revival,,,It is First Hardin Church and some of my kind are supposed to attend,,,Bro Freddie Vertrees and Steve Doyle are helping.......my cousin Chester Brooks, we are hoping will attend,,,,,,Oh and I hope he gets saved,,,,he is 89,,,,yes I said,,,89. Please remember him,,,,I would love to see him make it,,,,,,,,I'm trying to attend,,,,but stay awfully tired,,,,but wouldn't it be worth it, if he got saved,?????,,,he's 89,,,,gosh,,,he needs to get saved,,,,,,,89!

4 comments:

  1. Can your 6wks of antibx be done from home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boofer, I don't know for sure,,,,surely I wouldn't have to drive to BG every day for 6 weeks,,,,,I can't aford that! I'll try to find out,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the good news! Hope the toe situation gets better. I've been thinking about you all & the revival this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Aunt Shela!! You are for sure a fighter! I am glad your counts are hanging in there. I hate to hear about the toe situation. I hope that you can get that taken care of. I will pray that your cousin finds the Lord. Love you!

    ReplyDelete