Saturday, August 1, 2009

Gonna be a few more days,,,,,,

before I know about the toe,,,,,,,Rebecca Shadowen said we have 3 options,,,,2 different antibiotics to take for a month, 2, get a biopsy of the toe, and do a culture so we will know exactly what we are dealing with and of course 3 the dreaded one,,,amputate the toe.....Not crazy about that ideal,,,,,,BUT,,, she did say I should be okay with it since it is not a balancing toe and one that I really needed,,,,hmmmmmm...Just not sure. She wanted to check with the cancer Dr, Dr Young, before proceeding with this, to make sure we had efficient time to do this before chemo, but he is on vacation this week so she said she would call me on Monday and let me know about it all,,,,so this is where I am at and to ponder on it alllll weekend. You wouldn't know anything was wrong with the toe, other then the toenail is enlarged quit a bit. But there is considerable amount of pain in it, (that's what lead me to the Dr, in the first place) The Dr said the bone was just gone,,,,,,deteriorated,,,,,I guess ate up by the infection,,,,and of course if I don't see to it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't even want to go there yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And you ask where did I get the infection? Could have been anything,,,a UTI, insect bite, ear infection,,,,,??? I had some kind of infection of some kind,,,,and got this. What a great immune system that I have,,,,that keeps on giving,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 comment:

  1. Pesky little toe!! Hopefully, you will find out something soon!

    ReplyDelete